Start page / About us
Welcome to Latvian Safer Internet Centre's web site English version!
Coordinating institution of the Centre - Latvian Internet Association with Partners - The State Inspectorate for Protection of Children’s Rights and The Local Governments Training Centre of Latvia .
October 2012, an agreement was signed with the European Commission on granting co-financing in amount of 75% from the Safer Internet Programme for the Centre's activities for a period of 24 months: from October 1, 2012 until October 31, 2014.
The work of the Centre is in three directions:
INFORMING AND EDUCATING children, adolescents, teachers and parents on the safety of Internet content, i.e. the potential threats on the Internet (incitement to hate, racism, child pornography and pedophilia, emotional harassment on the Internet, identity theft and data abuse).
Reporting about illegal online content and breaches online here>>> (any report can be anonymous). The reports are processed and, if appropriate, send for examination to the State Police.
Ensuring a helpline 116111 of the State Inspectorate for Protection of Children’s Rights, a possibility for everyone, but especially children and youngsters tur for help on any, including internet matters.
Centre's Planned Activities 2012 - 2014:
- Celebration of Safer Internet Day in Latvia
- Development of educational materials on internet safety for all target groups – children, adolescents, parents, teachers and social workers
- Organization of different seminars, training sessions and other activities
- Organization of social campaigns on current topics
- Training of specialists, teachers, librarians and trainers
- Involvement of kindergartens and universities in the activities on internet safety
- Development of closer cooperation with mobile operators and internet service providers
- Development of more educational materials in Russian, and organizing of events for Russian auditory
- Stronger involvement of Youth Panel in development of informative materials and in the awareness work of Centre